Recreational Swimming Schedule
Rec Sports offers several areas for recreational swimming in the RPAC Aquatic Center. Each location is listed below including water temperature and layout. For a complete schedule of availability, please click the Recreational Swim Schedule to the right. Pool hours are listed on our home page in the gray schedule grid at the top right.
The spa pool and lap pool are open during normal operating hours, Monday - Thursday from 5:45 a.m. - 9 p.m.; 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. on Saturdays; and noon - 7 p.m. on Sundays.
- 82 degrees Fahrenheit; 27 degrees Celsius
- 6 lanes, 25 yards
- Depth ranges from 4-10 ft.
Always available for recreational lap swimming
Class Instructional Pool
- 83 degrees Fahrenheit; 28.3 degrees Celsius
- 8 lanes, 25 yards
- Movable floor (20' by 62')
- Depth can range from 0-9 ft. (standard depth will be 4-9 ft.)
- 85 degrees Fahrenheit; 29.4 degrees Celsius
- 2,848 square feet
- Shallow entry for children and special needs
- Small child slide and bubble bench
- Depth ranges from 18 inches-3.6 ft.
Leisure Whirlpool Spa
- 104 degrees Fahrenheit; 40 degrees Celsius
(The spa may experience lower temperatures on Sundays due to routine weekly maintenance.)
- 212 square feet
- Capacity of 25 people
- 2 saunas (181.7F; 83.2C)
- Capacity of 10 people in each
- Both are co-ed
- Must wear swimsuit or shorts
- Must sit on a towel
The McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion is home to Ohio State varsity men's and women's swimming and diving teams, Ohio State Swim Club, Ohio State Diving Club, and varsity synchronized swimming team. The pool and diving well will be open on a limited basis to the recreational swimmer.
- 50-meter competitive pool - 79 degrees Fahrenheit; 26.1 degrees Celsius
- Ron O'Brien Diving Well - 83 degrees Fahrenheit; 28.3 degrees Celsius
- Dive Spa
- Seating for 1,400 spectators
- Locker rooms and training rooms
- Coaches' offices