Fred Beekman Park
2200 Carmack Road, Columbus, OH 43210 • Phone: 614-292-8821 • Driving Directions
Corner of Kenny Road and Lane Avenue
Winter Break Hours (December 10 - January 10)
Monday - Sunday: CLOSED
Located on West Campus, this 43-acre park has grass field space for baseball, softball, flag football, rugby, ultimate disc and other activities.
The park offers:
- four sand volleyball courts
- two basketball courts
- seven clay softball diamonds (four with scoreboards and outfield fences)
- one synthetic turf baseball diamond (turf on infield only, full size portable mound available)
- one-mile asphalt jogging path
- two picnic shelters (one with two charcoal grills)
- two rugby fields (both with scoreboards)
- three ponds
Park staff is located inside the guest service area next to the sand volleyball courts.
Restrooms are available at both picnic shelters when the park is staffed.
University parking lots are available south of the park on the south side of Carmack Road. Two foot bridges across Carmack Road are available to access the park. Handicap parking is available next to Pressley Hall. Park users must follow Ohio State Transportation & Parking policies.
Field, basketball and volleyball lights are available in the evenings while the park is staffed, given weather conditions are suitable. Jog path lights are available year-round from 5:30 a.m. - dawn and from dusk - 2 a.m.
Equipment is available for check out with a BuckID, driver's license or other valid picture ID. All equipment must be returned the same day prior to the park closing.
The following equipment is available:
- volleyballs, basketballs, rugby balls, ultimate frisbees, disc golf discs, soccer balls, kickballs, footballs, flag football belts, cones, baseballs and softballs, fielder's gloves, bats, throw down bases, flip scoreboards, bocce ball set and medicine balls
Fred Beekman Park is available to host events or leagues; please refer to space reservations for more information. This site hosts many charity walks and 5K runs throughout the year.