Intramural ice hockey will be played on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays beginning January 21. There will be three leagues based on skill level.
- The advanced league will be one division comprised of six teams played on Mondays.
- Intermediate will be split into two divisions of six teams each played on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- The beginner league will be split into three divisions. Two divisions will have six teams. The last division will only have four teams. Beginners league will be played on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.
Please refer to IMLeagues.com for more details on exact days and times.
Registration will begin Monday, January 7, 2013, at 9 a.m. online. View step by step registration instructions. Registration closes Tuesday, January 15, at midnight. To register for a team, a participant must assign his/herself based upon skill level. We reserve the right to move players in the interest of fairness and safety. To complete registration for a team, participants must pass a quiz and pay a $45 fee online through IMLeagues. Rec Sports will provide helmets, gloves, and shin guards for participants. However, participants must bring their own hockey sticks and ice skates. Skates can be rented out at the rink before 10:45 p.m. on game day. A season pass may be available for purchase. More information on skate rental will be available soon.
NOTE: There is NO CHECKING ALLOWED at any level of play. Players wishing to play goalie should register in the leagues open for goalies. Players wishing to play any other position other than goalie should register in the leagues open for skaters.
Step-by-Step Registration Instructions
Here's how to join:
1. Log onto intramurals.osu.edu
2. Login with your credentials OR create an account
3. Click on the Ohio State Rec Sports logo at the top of the page
4. Scroll down to the ice hockey registration section.
5. Click on the level and type (goalie or skater) of play of your choice. (Beginner, Advanced, or Intermediate) of your choice.
NOTE: The beginner league does not have a specific goalie. Players will share this responsibility.
6. Select division time that you want to play (for example: Monday 9:30/11:30 p.m.)
7. Find the team name you want to join, then select "Join" next to the team name.
8. You will be prompted to complete and submit the participant quiz that's attached to joining the selected team.
9. Click on begin quiz and then submit it upon completion.
10. Be sure to agree to the terms and conditions by clicking Accept in the window.
11. List your phone number in the designated area once your quiz is submitted.
12. Click "Send Request."
13. Pay the registration fee when allowed.
League Offered and Definitions:
Has previous experience in competitive leagues (i.e. high school or club/travel leagues); skating is not limited in any way.
Some previous experience, is somewhat of a fluid skater, and possesses the ability to stop.
Limited or no previous hockey experience, not a strong skater, and stopping is difficult.
Rec Sports reserves the right to move a player from one skill level to another for reasons of fair-play and safety.