Recreational Sports and COVID-19
Welcome to Student Life Recreational Sports!
In addition to all available federal, state, local and university guidelines, Student Life Recreational Sports will also follow the guidance of national sports governing bodies to ensure physical distancing practices and other safety protocols are in place. Additional information is available on the university's Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website.
Mask Update - August 2, 2021
Effective immediately, students, faculty, staff and visitors to all Ohio State campuses and medical facilities are required to wear masks indoors, regardless of their vaccination status. Masks continue to be required outdoors for unvaccinated individuals when they cannot maintain physical distancing. Vaccinated people are not required to mask outdoors. More information can be found on the Safe and Health Buckeyes website.
Please review the following before beginning your workout. We ask that all members follow these guidelines while in our facilities:
Wash Your Hands
- Hand washing should take place often, including pre and post workout.
- Restrooms and hand sanitizer are available throughout the facility.
- Some equipment has been moved, ask our staff if you can’t find your favorite piece.
- Wipes and/or spray bottles are available. Please clean your equipment before and after each use.
- Our staff will be cleaning on increased intervals.
- Equipment checkout is not available. Please bring your own equipment (balls, locks, towels, etc.).
Contactless Transactions Available
- Credit, debit or BuckID payments are accepted for reduced contact payment options.
- Memberships may be renewed online.
If you have had COVID -19 (Coronavirus) it is important to know:
As we learn more about the immediate and lasting effects of COVID-19, we will continue to update guidance to our campus community. We are advising those who have tested positive or been otherwise diagnosed with COVID-19 to avoid high-intensity exercise for a minimum of six weeks, potentially longer, and should be determined in consultation with your physician or healthcare professional. We also recommend that before resuming strenuous activity, those recovering from COVID-19 should be cleared by their physician or other health care professional before re-starting high-intensity exercise. Myocarditis is a heart muscle inflammation that affects some who have been infected with COVID-19. High-intensity exercise with myocarditis can increase risk for heart rhythm problems.
If you have heart symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, abnormal heartbeats, near passing out or passing out, please seek medical help.