Group Fitness In Person Classes
Try a group fitness class and discover how movement can make you feel happier, stronger and more connected!
Whether you enjoy lifting weights, challenging your cardio, strengthening your core, grooving to the music or relaxing in yoga, we strive to offer accessible classes for all bodies and all levels. Group fitness classes are FREE for all active Rec Sports members. To view your membership status, login to RecRegister and click on your profile information. Once membership is confirmed, follow the steps below to register online and reserve your spot in class!
If new to group fitness or exercise, please also review the Getting Started in Group Fitness and Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) documents on the right side of the page prior to participating in any of our classes.
View our full weekly schedule here or visit RecRegister and login with your OSU name.# credentials to view all available group fitness class offerings. Please note, our schedule offers both virtual (GF LIVE!) and in-person classes, so be sure to select the class labeled “Group Fitness” for in-person offerings.
Register for Class
You must register for class in advance in order to participate. Drop-in participants will not be admitted.
The registration window opens seven days in advance and closes 30-minutes prior to class starting. To reserve your spot in class, navigate to the format page and then select the class day/time you wish to attend. Follow all the steps to complete the registration process. You will be asked to make a $0.00 purchase for each class registration. A confirmation email will be sent once process is completed. If you did not receive an email, you likely did not complete the process.
You can check your status in class online via your RecRegister profile. Once logged in, click on your name in the top right corner and select “profile”. Click on Programs on the left-hand side to view a list of all the classes you have registered for and your status in each one.
If you are no longer able to attend a class you registered for, you must cancel your registration no later than 30-minutes prior to class starting.
If you do not attend class or cancel your registration in advance, you will be marked as a “no-show”. Two “no-shows” will result in a 7-day suspension of participating in or registering for any Rec Sports programs.
You can cancel your registration via your RecRegister profile. Click on Programs on the left-hand side, find the class you wish to cancel and then select “cancel”. If you experience any issues cancelling your reservation, view this quick how-to video for more guidance or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you are not marked as a no-show.
Class Arrival and Check-In
Please review the following check-in procedures prior to arriving for class. You will be unable to participate in class if at any point you fail to adhere to these policies.
- Complete your daily health check. All participants must show a green check on their health passport when entering the facility. If you do not have a green check or start to develop any COVID-19 symptoms, be sure to cancel your class reservation or you will be marked as a “no-show”.
- In alignment with our facility policy, you are required to wear a face mask at all times. This means your mask must be worn while in line, walking around the space, while working out and when leaving class.
- Please arrive to class no more than 10-minutes before class starts. Lining up or lingering outside the room will not be permitted before or after class. As a reminder, you can sign up for class up to 30-minutes before the start time, but drop-in or participants will not be admitted.
- Check-in with our room monitor outside upon arrival.All necessary equipment will be laid out for you. No switching or saving spots, so be sure to check-in at the same time if attending class with friends. You will not be admitted to class if arrive 5-minutes or more after the start time.
- Bring your own yoga or exercise mat. To ensure the health and safety of our group fitness community, personal mats are required for yoga, Pilates/Barre, HIIT or strength classes. If you do not own a mat, limited quantities of gently used yoga mats can be purchase for $5 at the RPAC Sports Shop.
- Fill up your water and bring a sweat towel. In addition to your BuckID, we encourage you to bring extra water and a sweat towel, especially for higher-intensity classes. Per state COVID-19 guidelines for gyms, our ceiling fans will not be turned on during class. Be sure fill up your water bottle prior to class as room monitors will no longer be available to assist with this.
- Leave personal items in lockers. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. We recommend leaving all other personal items, large bags or coats in a locker, available throughout the ground floor and in the locker rooms. You will need to bring your own lock or can purchase one at the RPAC Sports Shop.
- Once class has ended, quickly wipe down your personal yoga or exercise mat and then exit the space. This ensures our staff have enough time to clean all other equipment before the next class. Staff will still be available for questions, but please avoid lingering inside or outside of the studio after class.
We want to hear from you! Our goal is to serve the needs of our Ohio State community. Do not hesitate to contact us with any feedback, suggestions or questions.