Babysitting (Kids Zone)
Per the Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website, the university has released updated guidance in response to COVID-19 and Omicron-related case numbers. Kids Zone will remain closed until further notice.
Work out without worrying about babysitting! While you are at the RPAC, drop your kids off at the Kids Zone to be looked after by experienced and trained Rec Sports staff. Children ages 6 months -11 years are welcome at no additional cost to members.
Registration is now required to utilize Kids Zone. Please register at recregister.osu.edu. Walk-ins will still be accepted pending space availability. You can register up to a week in advanced. The Parent/Guardian will register each child. Please view our registration tutorial for assistance registering. Please be sure to add your child to your online account in advanced. If you are having issues adding our child to your account please call our office at 614-688-8787.
Following CDC and University Guidance, Children ages five and older are required to wear a face mask in Kids Zone regardless of vaccination. Staff will be required to have a facemask on. Parents and guardians are required to have a face mask on when in the Kids Zone for drop off and pick up. We strongly encourage all children 5 and older to be vaccinated.
Kids Zone Purpose
- To provide an atmosphere that makes parents feel confident and comfortable leaving their children in our care so that they may utilize our recreation facility.
- To protect the safety and well-being of each child utilizing the Kids Zone.
- To provide an enjoyable atmosphere for all children.
- To provide a 5:1 child to attendant ratio whenever possible, and to never exceed a ratio of 7:1.
Kids Zone Policies
- Parent/guardian must remain inside the RPAC while their child is in Kids Zone.
- All parents or guardians must be linked to their child’s Fusion account and provide a photo ID for check in and check out.
- Each child may remain in Kids Zone for up to 2 hours per day.
- Children who are sick are not permitted in the Kids Zone. Parents will be called if a child becomes ill while in Kids Zone.
- Full meals are not permitted in Kids Zone. Only peanut free snacks are allowed in Kids Zone. No glass water bottles are allowed. No sharing of food is allowed.
- Parents will be notified in the following situations: Assist with an upset child, change diapers and bottle feed children (if needed), restroom help or behavior issues.
- All belongings should be labeled with first and last name. We encourage parents not to leave personal items (computers, cell phones, etc.) in Kids Zone.
If you have any questions or concerns please let an attendant know or contact the Community Programs office at 614-688-8787 or email@example.com