Recreational Sports strives to provide a family friendly environment. Anyone holding an annual or semester membership can bring immediate family members (spouse/partner and children under 18) who have been declared on their membership application for no additional charge during family hours (limited to one spouse/partner and dependents). Students paying the dedicated fee can add spouse/partner and dependents under 18 to their membership by stopping by the RPAC Welcome Center.
Documentation may be requested to confirm dependency - examples include: joint bank account, both names on lease/mortgage, joint utility bill, affidavit of partnership, marriage license. Family members must remain with the sponsoring member at all times while using Rec Sports facilities. Young adults 14 years or older can use the fitness centers, attend fitness classes and use equipment.
Save time and register your family members online through our membership portal at recregister.osu.edu. Current members may log in and update their dependents by clicking on their profile in the upper right corner. On the first page at the bottom click add dependent. Spouses/Partners and up to four children under 18 can be added at no charge for family hours access. To add additional children you must visit the RPAC Welcome Center. If you do not add your dependents online you will need to do so at your next visit to the facilities.
Summer 2022 Family Hours
RPAC Aquatic Center
Please no water toys from home including inflatables and dive toys. Kickboards, dive sticks, dive rings and life jackets are available for use.
Friday 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday Noon - 5 p.m.
Racquets, basketballs, volleyballs and game equipment can be checked out with a membership card/BuckID at the RPAC Sport Shop. Racquetballs and table tennis balls available for purchase. Family members must be over age 14 to be on the fitness floor or fitness equipment.
Friday 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday Noon. - 5 p.m.
Sunday 4 - 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - Noon
Sunday: 8 a.m. - Noon
Hours are subject to change especially during holidays and breaks.
Other Family Friendly Rec Sports Activities
- Fred Beekman Park Wheel - walking track, softball fields (may be reserved at times), playground
- Disc Golf Course - Bring your own disc
- Tennis Courts - racquets can be checked out with a membership card/BuckID at the Women's Field house or the RPAC Sport Shop. Balls available for purchase.
- Lincoln Tower Park Turf/Fields - play kickball, soccer or football
- RPAC - Racquets, basketballs, volleyballs and game equipment can be checked out with a membership card/BuckID at the RPAC Sport Shop. Racquetballs and table tennis balls available for purchase.
- ARC/OAC - turf fields, basketball/volleyball and climbing center