Try a group fitness class and discover how movement can make you feel happier, stronger and more connected!
Whether you enjoy lifting weights, challenging your cardio, strengthening your core, grooving to the music or relaxing in yoga, we strive to offer accessible classes for all bodies and all levels. Group fitness classes are FREE for all active Rec Sports members. To view your membership status, login to RecRegister and click on your profile information. Once membership is confirmed, follow the steps below to register online and reserve your spot in class!
If new to group fitness or exercise, please also review the Getting Started in Group Fitness and Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) documents on the right side of the page prior to participating in any of our classes.
Register for Class
Ensure you have a spot in class by registering in advance!
The registration window opens seven days in advance and closes one minute prior to class starting. To reserve your spot in class, select the class you wish to attend from our web schedule and click “Register Here!”. This will take you to our RecRegister format page. From there, you will select the day/time you wish to attend and follow all prompts to complete the registration process.
You will be asked to make a $0.00 purchase for each class registration. A confirmation email will be sent once process is completed. If you did not receive an email, you likely did not complete the process. You can check your status in class online via your RecRegister profile. Once logged in, click on your name in the top right corner and select “profile”. Click on Programs on the left-hand side to view a list of all the classes you have registered for and your status in each one.
If you are no longer able to attend a class you registered for, you must cancel your registration no later than 30-minutes prior to class starting.
Our in-person group fitness classes are extremely popular and we want to ensure that members have equitable access to participate due to limited class capacity and/or equipment. This becomes increasingly difficult when no-shows occur as it takes away a spot from another member. We understand conflicts come up, but ask that you cancel your registration no later than 30-minutes prior to the start time of class. This allows us to make the spot available for another member or walk-in participation.
You can cancel your registration via your RecRegister profile. Click on Programs on the left-hand side, find the class you wish to cancel and then select “cancel”. If you experience any issues cancelling your reservation, view this quick how-to video for more guidance or email email@example.com to ensure you are not marked as a no-show.
Class Arrival and Check-In
Please review the following check-in procedures prior to arriving for class. You will be unable to participate in class if at any point you fail to adhere to these policies.
- Bring your BuckID and arrive early for class. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to allow enough time to find your spot and get set up. Our staff will greet you upon arrival and assist you with getting checked in, grabbing equipment and addressing any individual needs or questions you have prior to class starting. No switching or saving spots, so be sure to check-in at the same time if attending class with friends.
- Stay for the entire session and no late entry. Your spot will be released to another member if do not arrive by the scheduled start time. For safety reasons, we strongly recommend participants attend the entire class session; furthermore, you will not be allowed to enter class after five minutes from it starting.
- Fill up your water and bring a sweat towel. In addition to your BuckID, we encourage you to bring extra water and a sweat towel, especially for higher-intensity classes.
- Leave personal items in lockers. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. We recommend leaving all other personal items, large bags or coats in a locker, available throughout the ground floor and in the locker rooms. You will need to bring your own lock or can purchase one at the RPAC Sports Shop.
- Unplug and be present. Leave all distractions at the door and make time to focus on your physical and mental wellbeing! Cell phone use, headphones or other disturbing behavior are not permitted during class.
- Once class has ended, please wipe down and return all equipment. Thank you for doing your part to help us keep our studios safe and clean!
We want to hear from you! Issues registering for a class? Need an accommodation? Have feedback for our instructors or suggestions on how we can improve our program offerings? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our Virtual Comment Card, which can be done anonymously if you choose.